White Sage Smudge Wand - Spiritual Cleansing & Protection - Perfect for Purifying Your Home, Crystals, Sacred Objects & Self
Blackthorn and Rose's high quality white sage wands are wildcrafted and ethically harvested in California. Each sacred white sage wand is tied together with natural thread and measures approximately between 4-5" inches long. You will receive one small white sage smudge wand per order.
Smudging is ritual alchemy — changing and shifting the air element, and transforming our current experience to a mystical one. Smudging your sacred space, your home or office, objects, or even your body is like taking a refreshing energetic shower, or doing a deep spiritual cleansing. This ancient shamanic mystical ritual is a simple one to incorporate into your daily or weekly routine, or any time you feel like you might need a little aura polishing. You can never really smudge too much!
The use of dried white sage however, is a 2,000 year old Indigenous American practice. The shamans used dried sage plants on their fires as a ritual of calling upon ancestral spirits. Any conflict, anger, illness or evil was absorbed by the sage smoke to be released or cleansed from the energy field of a person.
Some ideal times to sage smudge your aura and/or space would be:
- When you move into a new living space
- When you begin a new job or start your own business
- Before and after a guest enters your home
- Before and after a yoga or healing session
- Before and after spiritual work and rituals
- Before meditation
- After an intense exercise workout routine
- After expelling any kind of negative or stressed out energy
- During periods of depression, grieving, or sadness.
- After an argument or any illness
- After a long hard day at work
- Upon returning home from crowded situations
Here is a simple 2-step sage smudging ritual to try:
1. Place the sage bundle on any heat-proof burning surface like an Abolone Shell — a traditional vessel used by Indigenous American people that represents the element of water. Light the bundle by holding a flame to it until it begins to smoke. If a true flame appears, shake the bundle gently or blow until it is just embers and smoke. I often find that I have to re-light my sage bundle a few times during the ritual process.
2. Once you have a nice smoke going, use you hand or a feather to direct the smoke over your body from your feet up to your head, then back down again. As you do this, visualize the smoke taking away with it any negative energy from your life, any darkness or malady.
If you feel comfortable with this incantation, repeat the following:
"Earth, Air, Fire, Water.
Cleanse, dismiss, dispel."
The sage ceremony lifts the veil between the everyday and the sacred. As you say your incantation, you are shifting energy at will.
Once you have smudged your body, begin to move through your space. Wave the smoke into all the rooms in your home especially corners, closets, hallways, windows, across doorways and into shadow spaces. To maintain the atmosphere of ritual, keep repeating the incantation in your mind or out loud as you diffuse the smoke.
Once the space is cleared, allow the sage bundle to either burn out or gently press it out in your heat-proof shell or container. You can even bury the remaining smudge in your garden to really feel the completeness of the cleansing ritual. Once buried, the sage has done its work in completing the elemental cycle.
Witchcrafted with Love!™
Please read our Store Policies Page for detailed information and our disclaimer regarding the use of Blackthorn and Rose's magical offerings. All sales are final.