MUGWORT SMUDGE WAND - BLACK SAGE - For Psychic Powers, Clairvoyance, Prophetic Dreams, Divination, Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, Clearing Negativity, Protection, Ancestor & Spirit Contact
MUGWORT - (Also known as the Witch's Herb, Dream Weed, Black Sage) is found in the mountains of the West Coast from Northern California through British Columbia. Wherever it grows, Mugwort has been deemed the holy Mother of all healing herbs. Mugwort is a common name for several species of aromatic plants in the genus Artemisia. Mugwort is believed to have a close relationship with Artemis, the Greek Moon Goddess of the wild hunt, woodland forests, protector of young maidens, children and women who She protects with Her healing powers.
Witches believe Mugwort is the supreme "Witch Queen" herb of the plant world. Since time immemorial Mugwort has been an extremely important plant in spiritual practices and magical rituals. It is said that Mugwort opens up chambers of ancient memory, bringing to one's dream life stirring visions of past and future that overflow with vivid magical imagery. These esoteric dream symbols can assist us in remembering old, unwritten ways of healing and magical living that attend to the needs of mind, body, spirit and soul.
Mugwort Magical Uses:
- Enhances Psychic Skills
- Encourages Clarity of Thought & Psychic Visions
- Prophetic Dreams
- Lucid Dreaming
- Dream Work
- Astral Projection
- Consecration of Divinatory Tools
- Clearing Negativity
- Ward Off Evil
- 3rd Eye Awakening
- Ancestor & Spirit Contact
- Seance Work
- Spirit Realm
In modern Witchcraft, Mugwort is used primarily as a psychic visionary herb. Mugwort amplifies psychic vision and may induce prophetic dreams. Mugwort is renowned as a smudging herb for its subtle, sweet scent and unique dream-inducing qualities. Burn a small amount of Mugwort before going to bed to calm the mind, induce restful sleep and promote lucid dreaming. An herb of the Goddess as Crone, Mugwort encourages growth, expansion, wisdom and observation. When paired with tarot card readings or a divinatory method of your choice, Mugwort is an excellent helper for uncovering hidden truths. Mugwort awakens the Third Eye, aiding in deeper subconscious travel and spirit world communications. Burn mugwort in the space or area in which you are performing tarot card readings and other divination rituals to enhance psychic skills. You can also use Mugwort to smudge crystals, tarot cards, runes, crystal balls, magic mirrors, scrying bowls, and other ritual tools. When Mugwort is burned at Samhain, it works as an offering to call upon the Ancestors, creating a stronger bond between the thin veil of the physical world & spirit world.
Blackthorn and Rose's high quality mugwort sticks are wildcrafted and ethically harvested. Each sacred mugwort stick is tied together with natural thread and measures approximately between 4" and 5" inches long. Shown is a representative mugwort smudge stick from among those available. Natural thread comes in various colors. Please allow for natural variations in texture, shape and color as each smudge wand is unique and a precious gift from Mother Earth. You will receive one mugwort smudge stick per order.
Smudging is ritual alchemy — changing and shifting the air element, and transforming our current experience to a mystical one. Smudging your sacred space, your home or office, objects, or even your body is like taking a refreshing energetic shower, or doing a deep spiritual cleansing. This ancient shamanic mystical ritual is a simple one to incorporate into your daily or weekly routine, or any time you feel like you might need a little aura polishing. You can never really smudge too much!
Some ideal times to smudge your aura and/or space would be:
- When you move into a new living space
- When you begin a new job or start your own business
- Before and after a guest enters your home
- Before and after a yoga or healing session
- Before and after spiritual work and rituals
- Before meditation
- After an intense exercise workout routine
- After expelling any kind of negative or stressed out energy
- During periods of depression, grieving, or sadness.
- After an argument or any illness
- After a long hard day at work
- Upon returning home from crowded situations
Here is a simple 2-step smudging ritual to try:
1. Place the mugwort bundle on any heat-proof burning surface like an Abalone Shell — a traditional vessel used by Indigenous American people that represents the element of water. Light the bundle by holding a flame to it until it begins to smoke. If a true flame appears, shake the bundle gently or blow until it is just embers and smoke. I often find that I have to re-light my mugwort bundle a few times during the ritual process.
2. Once you have a nice smoke going, use you hand or a feather to direct the smoke over your body from your feet up to your head, then back down again. As you do this, visualize the smoke taking away with it any negative energy from your life, any darkness or malady.
If you feel comfortable with this incantation, repeat the following:
"Earth, Air, Fire, Water.
Cleanse, dismiss, dispel."
The mugwort ceremony lifts the veil between the everyday and the sacred. As you say your incantation, you are shifting energy at will.
Once you have smudged your body, begin to move through your space. Wave the smoke into all the rooms in your home especially corners, closets, hallways, windows, across doorways and into shadow spaces. To maintain the atmosphere of ritual, keep repeating the incantation in your mind or out loud as you diffuse the smoke.
Once the space is cleared, allow the mugwort bundle to either burn out or gently press it out in your heat-proof shell or container. You can even bury the remaining smudge in your garden to really feel the completeness of the cleansing ritual. Once buried, the mugwort has done its work in completing the elemental cycle.
Witchcrafted with Love!™
Mugwort is not allowed to be shipped to the state of Louisiana. Mugwort is not suitable for women who are nursing or pregnant. Please read our Store Policies Page for detailed information and our disclaimer regarding the use of Blackthorn and Rose's magical offerings. All sales are final.