LAVENDER SMUDGE WAND - Spiritual Cleansing & Protection - Perfect for Purifying Your Home, Crystals, Sacred Objects & Self
Lavender, the most magical of all herbs, has been revered, used and cultivated since the beginning of recorded time. Lavender's virtues are limitless and its allure captivating. Lavender has been cherished for centuries for it's relaxing aroma and health benefits. Since ancient times, Lavender has been widely used for its calming, peaceful, relaxing and sedative qualities. Soothing Lavender helps reduce anxiety and emotional stress, restores emotional balance, improves sleep, enhances psychic awareness and deepens meditations. Lavender protects and cleanses, creating a peaceful, harmonious atmosphere. Lavender also attracts loving energy and angelic beings. It has traditionally been used in herbal medicine for many infectious diseases and has a soothing effect on the nervous system.
In magic, lavender was most often used for protection. It was said to drive off the evil eye and chase away evil spirits. Lavender’s protective history extends beyond the purely physical into the magical as well, where it was renowned as an herb for love. Cleopatra, one of the most powerful women of the ancient world, used lavender to aid in her seductions, many of which strengthened her political power. Other magical properties of lavender include: Blessings, Chasity, Clairvoyance, Cleansing, Creativity, Consecration, Divination, Dreams, Gentleness, Good Luck, Grieving, Happiness, Harmony, Healing, Joy, Longevity, Love, Meditation, Memory, Midsummer, Money, Passion, Peace, Positive Energy, Protection, Psychic Development, Purification, Sleep, Spirituality, Stability, Tranquility, Virility, Weddings.
Burn Lavender to calm the mind, induce restful sleep and promote peace and harmony in your environment. Lavender is also an excellent ritual and meditation herb. Burning lavender during ritual and meditation can help you to relax, open your mind, and free your mind, body and spirit. Lavender energizes and harmonizes the root, heart, and crown chakras. Lavender Smudge wands are excellent for anyone wanting to remove negative energies from their home, office, crystals, sacred objects, and self. This lavender smudge stick has a beautiful, peaceful and calming aroma that creates a positive and loving environment. Burn Lavender to purify and cleanse sacred spaces, houses, rooms or any environment of stagnant old energies, negativity, and bad vibes. Lavender infuses any environment with fresh energy, bright blessings and pure positive intent.
Blackthorn and Rose's high quality lavender sticks are wildcrafted and ethically harvested. Each sacred lavender stick is tied together with natural thread and measures approximately between 4" and 4.5" inches long. Shown is representative lavender smudge sticks from among those available. Natural thread comes in various colors. You will receive one lavender smudge stick per order.
Smudging is ritual alchemy — changing and shifting the air element, and transforming our current experience to a mystical one. Smudging your sacred space, your home or office, objects, or even your body is like taking a refreshing energetic shower, or doing a deep spiritual cleansing. This ancient shamanic mystical ritual is a simple one to incorporate into your daily or weekly routine, or any time you feel like you might need a little aura polishing. You can never really smudge too much!
Some ideal times to smudge your aura and/or space would be:
- When you move into a new living space
- When you begin a new job or start your own business
- Before and after a guest enters your home
- Before and after a yoga or healing session
- Before and after spiritual work and rituals
- Before meditation
- After an intense exercise workout routine
- After expelling any kind of negative or stressed out energy
- During periods of depression, grieving, or sadness.
- After an argument or any illness
- After a long hard day at work
- Upon returning home from crowded situations
Here is a simple 2-step smudging ritual to try:
1. Place the lavender bundle on any heat-proof burning surface like an Abalone Shell — a traditional vessel used by Indigenous American people that represents the element of water. Light the bundle by holding a flame to it until it begins to smoke. If a true flame appears, shake the bundle gently or blow until it is just embers and smoke. I often find that I have to re-light my lavender bundle a few times during the ritual process.
2. Once you have a nice smoke going, use you hand or a feather to direct the smoke over your body from your feet up to your head, then back down again. As you do this, visualize the smoke taking away with it any negative energy from your life, any darkness or malady.
If you feel comfortable with this incantation, repeat the following:
"Earth, Air, Fire, Water.
Cleanse, dismiss, dispel."
The lavender ceremony lifts the veil between the everyday and the sacred. As you say your incantation, you are shifting energy at will.
Once you have smudged your body, begin to move through your space. Wave the smoke into all the rooms in your home especially corners, closets, hallways, windows, across doorways and into shadow spaces. To maintain the atmosphere of ritual, keep repeating the incantation in your mind or out loud as you diffuse the smoke.
Once the space is cleared, allow the lavender bundle to either burn out or gently press it out in your heat-proof shell or container. You can even bury the remaining smudge in your garden to really feel the completeness of the cleansing ritual. Once buried, the lavender has done its work in completing the elemental cycle.
Witchcrafted with Love!™
Please read our Store Policies Page for detailed information and our disclaimer regarding the use of Blackthorn and Rose's magical offerings. All sales are final.