BLUE SAGE SMUDGE WAND - Spiritual Cleansing, Healing, Relaxation, Peace, Banishing Negativity & Protection - Perfect for Purifying Your Home, Crystals, Sacred Objects & Self
Blue Sage also known as "Grandmother Sage” is a purifying herb with many medicinal and magical applications. Blue Sage is ideal for any sacred ceremony, meditation, ritual or rite. Blue Sage is widely used for healing, cleansing, purification and protection purposes. It provides spiritual strength and it is also used during banishing rituals as well for clearing negativity and banishing evil spirits.
Blue Sage is a beautiful hardy bush found in the wild deserts of the Southwest. It’s named for its abundant blue flowers, but the leaves also have a light blue-ish cast. It has thin delicate leaves and a fragrance that is both herbaceous and floral, similar to Lavender.
A close relative of White Sage, Blue Sage is also good for healing, relaxation, comfort, peace, protection and cleansing rituals. Its soothing, relaxing smell can be used to aid meditation, or burned simply for enjoyment. It’s not as pungent as White Sage, and is more agreeable to some folks who find the strong, bracing scent of White Sage overpowering.
Blackthorn and Rose's high quality blue sage wands are ethically & sustainably harvested, tied together with natural thread and measures approximately 4" inches long. Please allow for natural variations in texture, shape and color as each smudge wand is unique and a precious gift from Mother Earth. You will receive one blue sage smudge wand per order.
Smudging is ritual alchemy — changing and shifting the air element, and transforming our current experience to a mystical one. Smudging your sacred space, your home or office, objects, or even your body is like taking a refreshing energetic shower, or doing a deep spiritual cleansing. This ancient shamanic mystical ritual is a simple one to incorporate into your daily or weekly routine, or any time you feel like you might need a little aura polishing. You can never really smudge too much!
Some ideal times to sage smudge your aura and/or space would be:
- When you move into a new living space
- When you begin a new job or start your own business
- Before and after a guest enters your home
- Before and after a yoga or healing session
- Before and after spiritual work and rituals
- Before meditation
- After an intense exercise workout routine
- After expelling any kind of negative or stressed out energy
- During periods of depression, grieving, or sadness.
- After an argument or any illness
- After a long hard day at work
- Upon returning home from crowded situations
Here is a simple 2-step sage smudging ritual to try:
1. Place the sage bundle on any heat-proof burning surface like an Abolone Shell — a traditional vessel used by Indigenous American people that represents the element of water. Light the bundle by holding a flame to it until it begins to smoke. If a true flame appears, shake the bundle gently or blow until it is just embers and smoke. I often find that I have to re-light my sage bundle a few times during the ritual process.
2. Once you have a nice smoke going, use you hand or a feather to direct the smoke over your body from your feet up to your head, then back down again. As you do this, visualize the smoke taking away with it any negative energy from your life, any darkness or malady.
If you feel comfortable with this incantation, repeat the following:
"Earth, Air, Fire, Water.
Cleanse, dismiss, dispel."
The sage ceremony lifts the veil between the everyday and the sacred. As you say your incantation, you are shifting energy at will.
Once you have smudged your body, begin to move through your space. Wave the smoke into all the rooms in your home especially corners, closets, hallways, windows, across doorways and into shadow spaces. To maintain the atmosphere of ritual, keep repeating the incantation in your mind or out loud as you diffuse the smoke.
Once the space is cleared, allow the sage bundle to either burn out or gently press it out in your heat-proof shell or container. You can even bury the remaining smudge in your garden to really feel the completeness of the cleansing ritual. Once buried, the sage has done its work in completing the elemental cycle.
Witchcrafted with Love!™
Please read our Store Policies Page for detailed information and our disclaimer regarding the use of Blackthorn and Rose's magical offerings. All sales are final.